Call to a member function toArray() on null

neto737
Member | 1
+
-

Hi,

I just started to use Nette Database on my project and I figured out that I'm having some trouble to handle some things…

I'm trying to do a SELECT from my database, but the point is, after that SELECT I have to format some values that comes from that request.

I figured out that I'm only able to do this if the request returns as an array (because I'm formatting the values using the same variable, like: $thing[‘amount’] = number_format($thing[‘amount’])).

The point is, if for some reason the request don't return anything I receive a exception, shouldn't toArray function return an empty array or simply null when there's nothing returned from database request?

Here's an example of the way I'm doing this:

public function getInvoiceDetails(string $data) {
        return $this->explorer->table('invoices')->whereOr([
            'uid' => $data,
            'address' => $data
        ])->select('id, uid, email, ad_id, surf_id, type, address, cpc, amount, status, confirmations, timestamp')
        ->fetch()->toArray();
    }

Is there any workaround? I read the docs and the API but it didn't help me at all…

stepos2
Member | 51
+
+1
-

Not really a task for the framework. This is just about how you handle it with PHP.

public function getInvoiceDetails(string $data)
{
	$row = $this->explorer->table('invoices')->whereOr([
        'uid' => $data,
        'address' => $data
    ])
		->select('id, uid, email, ad_id, surf_id, type, address, cpc, amount, status, confirmations, timestamp')
        ->fetch();
	return $row ? $row->toArray() : [];
}