+1
-

Trying to connect to a MYSQL database:

database:
	dsn: 'mysql:host=localhost;dbname=DB_NAME'
	user: root
	password: DB_PASSWORD

Gives error:

SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Why am I getting this error? Is it something to do with the empty single quotes? Is the username not being passed?

Should I use ‘root’ as the username as in the Nette documentation, or substitute it with the actual db username? (I have done, the error is not resolved). I know the database is functional as I'm connecting to it elsewhere with a PHP PDO class.

Here's the Tracy output:

251:
252:
253:        public function createServiceContainer(): Nette\DI\Container
254:        {
255:            return $this;
256:        }
257:
258:
259:        public function createServiceDatabase__default__connection(): Nette\Database\Connection
260:        {
261:            $service = new Nette\Database\Connection('mysql:host=127.0.0.1;dbname=test', null, null, null);
262:            $this->getService('tracy.blueScreen')->addPanel('Nette\Bridges\DatabaseTracy\ConnectionPanel::renderException');
263:            Nette\Database\Helpers::createDebugPanel($service, true, 'default');
264:            return $service;
265:        }
nightfish
Member | 468
+
+1
-

Norton Canes wrote:
Gives error:

SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO)

It would seem that parameters did not get passed from config file to DI container. To which file did you put your DB configuration? Is that config file included in your application (either by includes: – see docs – in config.neon or by addConfig() in bootstrap.php)?

Norton Canes
Member | 5
+
+1
-

I've literally been following the instructions in the Blog tutorial: https://doc.nette.org/…rt/home-page

I've created a table in an existing database and filled it with content.

I've added

database:

to the app/config/config.neon file

And this to app/presenters/HomepagePresenter.php:

<?php

namespace App\Presenters;

use Nette;

class HomepagePresenter extends Nette\Application\UI\Presenter
{
    /** @var Nette\Database\Context */
    private $database;

public function __construct(Nette\Database\Context $database)
    {
        $this->database = $database;
    }

public function renderDefault()
    {
        $this->template->posts = $this->database->table('posts')
            ->order('created_at DESC')
            ->limit(5);
    }
}

The tutorial doesn't say to do anything else, so I haven't added any includes or anything in bootstrap.php.

OK, now I've added

database:

to app/config/config.local.neon, and the error message is:

SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user ‘root’@'localhost' (using password: YES)

So at least the user name is being passed… but still no connection.

nightfish
Member | 468
+
-

Norton Canes wrote:
SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user ‘root’@'localhost' (using password: YES)

This error message means that your database is not configured to allow connections of user root with whatever password you specified in your config file. Best option would be to change credentials in your config.local.neon to match those of an existing user in your MySQL database. If the error message remains the same (mentioning root@localhost) even after making changes to config.local.neon, delete the contents of temp/cache folder (as it contains cached configurations, which do not get automatically updated unless you are running in the development mode).

+
-

Try this on your database (command line or other tool)

GRANT ALL on your_db.* TO nightfish@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'secret_password';

Then, in your config file

database:
    dsn: 'mysql:host=localhost;dbname=your_db'
    user: nightfish
    password: secret_password