kdyby/doctrine OR nettrine/orm

Zapotocny
Member | 16
+
-

Hello,

should i use Kdyby or nettrine package for Doctrine ORM?

Thanks for suggestions;

Ondřej Kubíček
Member | 494
+
+2
-

nettrine

kdyby is no longer being developed

Zapotocny
Member | 16
+
-

Ondřej Kubíček wrote:

nettrine

And is nettrine better?

Felix
Nette Core | 1186
+
-

Zapotocny wrote:

Ondřej Kubíček wrote:

nettrine

And is nettrine better?

It's much more lightweight. Just tiny Doctrine wrapper to integrate with Nette Framework. Hard to say it's better. It's working.

jiri.pudil
Nette Blogger | 1028
+
+1
-

On the other hand, Kdyby is very stable and proven by countless applications, small and big alike. Go with Nettrine if you are okay with relying on 0.x versions and having to report/fix bugs, update often, and then again ask for a tagged release that fixes a not-yet-reported critical bug. These are my 2¢.

Don't take me wrong, I very appreciate what @Felix has been doing with the Contributte/Nettrine packages and how he is very responsive whenever you report or ask for something. I just think that Nettrine might need yet some more time to mature, and you shouldn't use it blindly. If you're working on a hobby project, then go for it. After all, the more people test it and report bugs, the sooner it becomes stable. But for an application that is supposed to make money, I'd consider the points I've made above. Besides, if you don't do crazy things with Kdyby, it should be fairly easy to switch to Nettrine once it's production-ready.