Dibi syntax in Nette Databsae

Notice: This thread is very old.
Blujacker
Member | 89
+
-

Hello,

so far I've been using dibi but lately, I am trying to switch over to Nette Database. I do like the new syntax (->table()->where…) however for some more complicated queries I still prefer to write the query myself. In dibi, I could use %and which would accept array (even nested arrays) and completed the query. I am struggling to achieve similar behavior with NDB. Is this even supported?

$where = array();
$where[] = array("((viewers_bouquets_active_from >= ?t and viewers_bouquets_active_from <= ?t
    or (viewers_bouquets_active_to >= ?t and viewers_bouquets_active_to <= ?t)
    or (viewers_bouquets_active_from <= now() and viewers_bouquets_active_to >= now()))", $from, $to, $from, $to);
$where["viewers_bouquets_viewers_id = ?"] = $this->viewers_id;

$query = $this->database->query("SELECT viewers_bouquets_active_from, viewers_bouquets_active_to, viewers_bouquets_subscribed, viewers_bouquets_cancelled, bouquets_name from viewers_bouquets inner join bouquets on viewers_bouquets_bouquets_id = bouquets_id where ?and order by viewers_bouquets_subscribed, bouquets_name, viewers_bouquets_active_from", $where);

Thank you,
Jakub

Jan Tvrdík
Nette guru | 2595
+
+1
-

Generally – dibi syntax is much more powerful than Nette Database. Since Nette 2.3 there is an ?and placeholder which may help you, it is however not as powerful as %and in dibi.

Blujacker
Member | 89
+
-

Thank you, that is what I was afraid of. I will try to switch fully to Nette Database then.

Once again, thank you!

hrach
Member | 1834
+
-

@Blujacker actually, you can try nextras\dbal ;)