- Nette Core | 1175
We have the Tracy bar now. In the bar we have many panels with a per-request static data. Possibility to send asynchronous requests (AJAX) from panel to the application moves usability to next level. Imagine following scenarios:
- SQL panel allows you to run queries and display the result
- some next panel helps you to delete file or purge whole (temporary) directory on one click
This feature needn't be limited for Bar panels only. For example, bluescreen panel can use it for additional source code lines loading (as Github do it).
Why add code directly into Tracy
Described features can be implemented by user more or less out of Tracy. But there are things of which must be cared:
- security – asynchronous calls for development must be automatically forbidden in production mode
- helpers – (e.g. for escaping) are needed
I prepared a pull request with the implementation and I would like to discuss it here or on Github by comments.
- naming conventions – I'm prepared to receive better names for everything :)
Some particular problems:
- AJAX request from a panel must be somehow identified by Tracy. Tracy must be
capable pass the request to the same panel on the server side. I'm using
IAsyncHandler::setHandlerId()for it but I don't like it much.
- Should be handlers wrapped by class out of
Tests and documentation will be added.
AJAX panel example
The linked PR contains working bar panel named AJAX. It is added to Tracy bar three times and when you open it, you can click to refresh link. Panel will be updated by current timestamp by AJAX call. You can try it by:
cd web-root git clone -b rfc-ajax https://github.com/milo/nette-tracy.git rfc-ajax http://localhost/rfc-ajax/dev/ajax.bar.php