How to update documentation?

Notice: This thread is very old.
mlady
Member | 24
+
-

Hello everybody.
I'm again trying to learn Nette. Now I have a look into new documentation and I found some typos. When I try to fix it, I did mistake. Because I'm not very familiar with git + github, I don't know how I have to fix my mistake. I also want to send another typo patch. Is it necessary to make new pull request for every of them, or can I put next commit to exists pull request? Could be somebody so kind and write “How to update documentation with git and github.com?” for me and another begginers? Thanks.

Filip Procházka
Moderator | 4668
+
-

We'd like to write somethink like that.

But for now: yes, you have to create new pull each time you wanna propose an editation.

Majkl578
Moderator | 1364
+
-

There is an online editor at http://nette.merxes.cz/editor/, but to save changes, you need commit privileges. Maybe you could implement pull request support? :)

Jan Tvrdík
Nette guru | 2595
+
-

We are aware that the current workflow is not the most user friendly and therefore better solution is planned to be available soon.

mlady
Member | 24
+
-

OK. So, what I have to do now? Could I change my commit and send pull request again? Or delete my fork of nette/docs and fork it again? Or …?

ujovlado
Member | 12
+
-

mlady wrote:

OK. So, what I have to do now? Could I change my commit and send pull request again? Or delete my fork of nette/docs and fork it again? Or …?

There are many options how to do it.

• you can add another commit with additional changes to existing branch (web-content) and push to that branch (web-content). It will show changes automatically in already sended pull req.
  • or you can update to previous commit, create new branch (web-content-2), make changes and force push to existing branch (web-content)
  • or you can update to previous commit, create new branch (web-content-2), make changes and create new pull request with new branch (web-content-2)

So :)