Is there any Wiki running on nette+texy?

Notice: This thread is very old.
karfi
Member | 21
+
-

Hi,
has been created any wiki project running on Nette or at least using Texy? I searched for some but didn't find anything useful. Thanks for response.

danik
Member | 56
+
+1
-

Hi, I'm currently in the process of writing a Nette-powered wiki, although it uses a wysiwyg for content management (a thoroughly cut-down version of tinymce).

Imo there is a very good reason not to use any sort of markup language: it takes the user's focus away from the content he or she is creating. There isn't any single markup language that everybody just knows. No matter how small the target user base, there will always be users who will need to learn the language in order to be able to create content. A wiki is generally a documentation tool and let's face it, few people really enjoy writing documentation; with that in mind, forcing users to spend time learning how to use the documentation tool and / or to constantly ctrl+tab between documentation they're trying to create and the documentation tool's documentation in my experience leads to people not writing documentation.

I have had numerous experience with various wikis in the past (mainly dokuwiki and mediawiki) and I have always been so put off by the user experience those wikis create for the actual contributor that for a time I stopped writing documentation completely. It seems to me as if people writing wikis have last heard of UX sometime in the early 90's..

And so a couple of weeks ago I started working on triki :-) there's lots to do still, but we're getting there. Although I'm primarily intending triki to be used at the company I work for, I was always contemplating the idea of opensourcing it. So if you've a mind, I can put it up on Github and you can give it a try, or even join my efforts if you have time to spare :-) I'd be quite happy for a second set of eyes and brains actually..

Last edited by danik (2015-01-31 23:48)

karfi
Member | 21
+
-

Hi, thanks for your answer. I have almost no experience with wikis so I'm not able to assess pros and cons of markup languages, but I assume it has to be useful in some way as well, if there exist so many of them.

I'm looking for some tool which I can simply put on my server, use for “organizing my knowledge” and modify it a bit if something doesn't suit to me. If you put it up on github expecting me to contribute, than rather don't do that. Firstly, I have never written any larger piece of software, only some small webs, but more substantial thing is I have very little time, hence I can't promise to help you with that.

echo
Member | 134
+
-

@karfi A suggestion for you if you really want to organise your knowledge (ex. chemistry, biology, etc.) in a digital notebook. Do not reinvent a wheel. I tried to use MediaWiki for this purpose and even attempted to create my own wiki/notebook system (Nette based). A lot of time no gain. I switched to Evernote and than to OneNote. Both are accessible online, sharing options and are activelly developed and updated.

chemix
Nette Core | 1296
+
+1
-

We ( I & @medhi ) are creating something like knowledgebase platform. It's really easy platform for creating and publishing articles (texy + fshl + images). It's open source https://github.com/…owledge-base but it's not “stable”. We have a plan, release first stable version for new “Plannete” platform this month.

more screenshots

Last edited by chemix (2015-02-02 11:54)