How can I return PHP pages?

ttrepper
Member | 11
+
-

Hi all,

I read through the documentation but unfortunately I do not seem to understand it. Please forgive me if I have missed something. I have a huge ‘old’ webapplication with a lot of php files mixing presentation and logic. While transferring them into a more modern approach using Nette I would like to start wit a simple router catching everything in one method and inside having some ‘intermediate’ logic switching and returning existing ‘old’ php sites. The goal is to subsequently extend the router and strip down the old php files. Is something like that doable?

I have tried something like this to catch all:

//$router = new Nette\Application\Routers\RouteList;
//$router->addRoute('[<path .+>]', 'Front:Bridge:default');
//$configurator->addServices(['router' => $router]);

but I do not understand what I have to do now? I guess it needs a class (?) called “Bridge” with a method called “default” (?) but what is “Front” saying? I would highly appreciate if someone could point me to the next steps please.

Thank you very much in advance,

Thomas

SamuelThorn
Member | 28
+
-

Hello. I am not sure if I do understand correctly. But I think I had similar problem to solve. Old PHP application which i wanted to switch to Nette, but it was not possible to do it all in a single step. I have left the old application as it was, installed nette in subdirectory ‘/nette/’ and then started to forward single pages one by one using .htaccess.

RewriteRule old-file-01.php /new-url-01 [R,L]
RewriteRule new-url-01 nette/index.php [L]

RewriteRule old-file-02.php /new-url-02 [R,L]
RewriteRule new-url-02 nette/index.php [L]

and in the Nette Router i was catching the new-urls:

$router->addRoute('new-url-01', 'Presenter:action');

Probably not an excelent solution, but it worked for me.

mskocik
Member | 53
+
-

ttrepper wrote:

but I do not understand what I have to do now? I guess it needs a class (?) called “Bridge” with a method called “default” (?) but what is “Front” saying? I would highly appreciate if someone could point me to the next steps please.

Router tries to match given url to presenters' action. Based on rules you define for Presenter mapping (documentation) – meaning mapping to namespaced presenter class.

In your example your fallback route will try to call presenter called Front:Bridge with action default. It means it will look for presenter with following mapping:

• default: action to be called on Presenter
  • Bridge: it will look for presenter called BridgePresenter
  • Front: given BridgePresenter will be in module Front. And where it will look for it, depends on your presenter mapping as defined in your common.neon. So if we take an example from documentation I linked above:
# example from docs
application:
	mapping:
		Front: App\Modules\Front\Presenters\*Presenter
		Admin: App\Modules\Admin\Presenters\*Presenter
		Api: App\Api\*Presenter

It will look for presenter class App\Modules\Front\Presenters\BridgePresenter, because Front module resolves to App\Modules\Front\Presenters namespace.

I would strongly recommend you go through Quick start, where you will create simple app, in which you can understand Nette's fundamentals.

ttrepper
Member | 11
+
-

Thank you very much @mskocik and @SamuelThorn – your answers helped me a lot. I did the quickstart but I have never found something about any naming conventions. So for example does the Presenter have to be named SomePresenter or is a class called “Some” enough? I can try it out but I am wondering if there are any or more (im- or explicit) naming conventions?

Thomas

mskocik
Member | 53
+
-

ttrepper wrote:

Thank you very much @mskocik and @SamuelThorn – your answers helped me a lot. I did the quickstart but I have never found something about any naming conventions. So for example does the Presenter have to be named SomePresenter or is a class called “Some” enough? I can try it out but I am wondering if there are any or more (im- or explicit) naming conventions?

Thomas

It's still related to mapping configuration. Please read carefully documentation about Modules

But to answer your question directly…If you have mapping like this in your common.neon:

application:
	mapping:
		*: App\Modules\*\Presenters\*HandlerClass	# just an example to make it clear
		# this will be translated to:
		<any module> map to: App\Modules\<given module>\Presenters\<Presenter>HandlerClass

And your request should be handled by MyModule:Request:default (from route definition), it will look for:

<?php

namespace App\Modules\MyModule\Presenters;

class RequestHandlerClass extends \Nette\Application\UI\Presenter
{
  // your class
}

So as you can see, your presenters (controllers – call them anyway you want), don't need to have Presenter in the class name. It's just Nette's convention. It's the same how some/most others frameworks use word Controller. Hope it's clear now.

ttrepper
Member | 11
+
-

Thank you very very much @mskocik. I skipped the documentation about modules so far because I did not want to use them but I have found the naming conventions here "":https://doc.nette.org/…tion/modules#…. Thank you very much for your hint.

May I quickly and finally ask you one mor thing which I have also not found so far please: Is it possible to return a php page in my presenter? Something like this (pseudocode):

namespace App\Modules\MyModule\Presenters;

class RequestHandlerClass extends \Nette\Application\UI\Presenter {
	public function doSomething() {
		return myOldPhpPage.php; 	//return here in the meaning of redirect/include the old php but without a 301/302/307/308 status code?
	}
}

Thomas

mystik
Member | 291
+
-

Depends on how your old php page is written. Does it just return page content as your code suggests? Or does it render page content directly?

But if it does something else except creating content it might not be possible because things like session handling or sending headers would conflict with how Nette do these things.

ttrepper
Member | 11
+
-

Hi @mystik – it does not do anything else. It's a lot of html with php in between which I have to transfer to latte. But as an intermediate step I would like to return the php only. How can I do that? Would you mind providing a method snippet please? Thank you very much. 😃
Thomas

mystik
Member | 291
+
+2
-

If it is the case then I think something like this should work:

class RequestHandlerClass extends \Nette\Application\UI\Presenter {

public function renderSomething() {
        $this->sendResponse(new Responses\CallbackResponse(function ($httpRequest, $httpResponse) {
            require __DIR__ . '/path/to/myOldPhpPage.php';
        }));
    );

}

It creates CallbackResponse that calls given callback when it is emmited. Given callback simply requires your old script that outputs content. This response is then send from render method of given action something by call to sendResponse().

Last edited by mystik (2023-08-11 18:57)