Nittro sunset [random characters to conform to weird subject requirements]

jahudka
Member | 71
+
+7
-

Hey everybody, it's been a while. Years ago I wrote a frontend library / framework for Nette AJAX called Nittro, some of you may still remember it. Well, I've long since moved away from Nette for all but a few legacy projects (which I'm rewriting to other backends currently) – no particular reason and nothing against Nette, just.. life, I guess. But that means that I've also stopped maintaining Nittro quite a while ago.

In the past couple of years I haven't really noticed a lot of interest in Nittro and so it didn't occur to me to make a formal statement about this – but recently I've been reminded that the project is still being used and it's still linked in the Nette AJAX docs as one of the options for frontend integration. So here we are.

I understand that Nittro has been written in a very weird way – no ES6 classes, lots of weird conventions, a custom bundler and whatnot – in many ways, the code was obsolete and ripe for a complete rewrite even back when it was first released. And I'm not gonna lie – back in the day I had grandiose plans for its future – a rewrite to TypeScript, a vastly improved DI implementation, better modularity.. but then I had to work on other things and those plans went out the window.

If anyone still sees potential for the project I'm happy to accept maintainers or even to transfer the entire thing to whoever genuinely wants it. Otherwise the library will still be available through NPM.

It's been a blast, yall. Jahudka out.

David Grudl
Nette Core | 8082
+
+4
-

Thanks so much for the effort you put into Nittro!

jahudka
Member | 71
+
+1
-

@DavidGrudl it's been a pleasure and a great learning experience!

Václav Kraus
Member | 77
+
+1
-

Nittro was great and I enjoyed using it. Thanks for all!