Unable to connect the database

ujjgar
Member | 3
+
-

I am trying to connect to Microsoft SQL server DB from my web application.
I have been using PDO SQLSRV driver in the past. But in my current project they don't have that driver installed on the server, so using Nette now and am very new to Nette as well.

I am using composer to install the package.
The composer has created many directories and i think it is causing some problem. I will come back to that later.

I followed the tutorial and here is how i am creating DB connection:

function setDBConnToSandbox(){
    $uid = "abc";
    $pwd = "pwd";
    $dbname = "Sandbox";
    $serverName = "dwhouse";

//this line is throwing an error saying:
		Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'Connection' not found
    $conn = new Nette\Database\Connection("sqlsrv:server=$serverName ; Database=$dbname", "$uid", "$pwd");
    return $conn;
}

the reason think is because the package installed in different way than expected.
The connection class has been installed by the composer at following location:
/vendor/nette/database/src/Database/Connection.php

So if I change my code as below, i get another error:

include("../vendor/nette/database/src/Database/Connection.php");
function setDBConnToSandbox(){
    $uid = "abc";
    $pwd = "pwd";
    $dbname = "Sandbox";
    $serverName = "dwhouse";

//this line is throwing an error saying:
		Fatal error: Trait 'Nette\SmartObject' not found
    $conn = new Connection("sqlsrv:server=$serverName ; Database=$dbname", "$uid", "$pwd");
    return $conn;
}

Again, the reason I believe the location of the SmartObject is different than expected.
It is in /vendor/nette/utils/src/Utils/SmartObject.php
Basically I think Composer did not install the package in the right directory structure.

It is more likely because I do not know how to use it properly as I am using composer for the first time as well.

Could anyone help me on this?

David Matějka
Moderator | 6445
+
+1
-

you have to require composer autoloader:

require __DIR__ . '/../vendor/autoload.php';
ujjgar
Member | 3
+
-

Thanks David. I added the require line and it works perfectly fine on my local machine!

So, next I deployed it on a docker container. The build and deployment was successful however I got following runtime error, it is again about the driver.

To give you some idea, dbConnectToSandBox.php is a file that has a method setDBConnToSandbox() and this is where i added the require line. this method returns the connection object. I am using that object in fetchFromAdobe.php file for querying the database.

Is there anything extra I have to do for deploying it?

Error: PDOException: could not find driver in /var/www/html/vendor/nette/database/src/Database/Connection.php:67
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/vendor/nette/database/src/Database/Connection.php(67): PDO->__construct(‘sqlsrv:server=d…’, ‘usr’, ‘pwd’, Array)
#1 /var/www/html/vendor/nette/database/src/Database/Connection.php(55): Nette\Database\Connection->connect()
#2 /var/www/html/include/dbConnectToSandBox.php(27): Nette\Database\Connection->__construct(‘sqlsrv:server=d…’, ‘usr’, ‘pwd’)
#3 /var/www/html/services/fetchFromAdobe.php(79): setDBConnToSandbox()
#4 /var/www/html/services/fetchFromAdobe.php(10): fetchFromAdobe()
#5 {main}

Next Nette\Database\ConnectionException: could not find driver in /var/www/html/vendor/nette/database/src/Database/Connection.php:67
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/vendor/nette/database/src/Database/Connection.php(70): Nette\Database\DriverException::from(Object(PDOException))
#1 /var/www/html/vendor/nette/database/src/Database/Connection.php(55): Nette\Database\Connection->connect()
#2 /var/www/html/include/dbConnectToSandBox.php(27): Nette\Database\Connection->__construct(‘sqlsrv:server=d…’, ‘usr’, ‘pwd’)
#3 /var/www/html/services/fetchFromAdobe.php(79): setDBConnToSandbox()
#4 /var/www/html/services/fetchFromAdobe.php(10): fetchFromAdobe()
#5 {main}

David Matějka
Moderator | 6445
+
+1
-

pdo_sqlrv php extension is missing in your docker image

ujjgar
Member | 3
+
-

Thanks David.
I will check with my infra team on this.

this is what my understanding was-
my infra team had earlier said that they do not support PDO driver by default and suggested me to use nette\database.
So my assumption was, nette\database will somehow cover or include the pdo extension in itself so that I can overcome the docker image's lack of pdo driver.