Nette Tester plugin for PhpStorm

jiri.pudil
Nette Blogger | 1028
+
+19
-

As I've promised at yesterday's Poslední sobota, I've packaged and shipped the alpha version of Nette Tester plugin for PhpStorm. You can find the installation and usage instructions, as well as the issue tracker, on Github:

https://github.com/…nette-tester

Please test the plugin and report issues, request features, and open pull requests on Github :)

(Note to self: tidy up the code and open a pull request to Nette Tester itself with the TC output format and the necessary changes.)

Last edited by jiri.pudil (2016-03-01 13:13)

Michal Vyšinský
Member | 608
+
+2
-

Awesome! FYI it is already installable by “Plugin manager” in PhpStorm. I will be testing it since today and let you know about issues etc. Thank you for your work!

dkorpar
Member | 132
+
-

Hi, any status update? it passed 6 months and it's still not part of nette/tester?

CZechBoY
Member | 3608
+
-

How to use it with mrtnzlml/testbench? @mrtnzlml
How to setup on Windows? I set the vendor/bin/tester.bat (and without .bat) but plugins says Unable to determinate Tester version.. I have v1.5.0 of nette/tester, v2.2.1 of mrtnzlml/testbench.
If I set direct path to run-tests or tester from vendor/mrtnzlml/testbench or vendor/nette/tester directory then error is `Tester plugin requires Nette Tester with TeamCity output format support (v1.5.0 found).

Thanks.

mrtnzlml
Member | 140
+
-

CZechBoY wrote:

How to use it with mrtnzlml/testbench? @mrtnzlml
How to setup on Windows? I set the vendor/bin/tester.bat (and without .bat) but plugins says Unable to determinate Tester version.. I have v1.5.0 of nette/tester, v2.2.1 of mrtnzlml/testbench.
If I set direct path to run-tests or tester from vendor/mrtnzlml/testbench or vendor/nette/tester directory then error is `Tester plugin requires Nette Tester with TeamCity output format support (v1.5.0 found).

Thanks.

If I remember correctly this plugin requires custom Nette Tester version created by @jiri.pudil. I am not sure if it's still true but due to the fact that Testbench relies on nette/tester package then this plugin is not officially supported yet.

Last edited by mrtnzlml (2016-10-11 17:08)

dkorpar
Member | 132
+
-

Yeah, you need to add

{
    "require-dev": {
        "nette/tester": "dev-feature/teamcity-output"
    },
    "repositories": [
        {
            "type": "vcs",
            "url": "https://github.com/jiripudil/tester"
        }
    ]
}

to your composer, or you can just install this anywhere outside of your project and use it, plugin works perfectly and it's a big loss for nette that this is not officially supported.

Last edited by dkorpar (2016-10-12 10:25)

jiri.pudil
Nette Blogger | 1028
+
-

@CZechBoY Also make sure to point the Tester executable to the actual PHP script, not funny binaries generated by Composer on Windows

As to official support: we had a hackathon a month ago where I've finally opened some pull requests, but although it's high on my todo list, my free time is unfortunately scarce :( I have some plans with the plugin itself as well, but the same argumentation applies…

edit: I've just realized: the second pull request contains a better implementation of the same output format as the feature/teamcity-output branch, so you can use its branch (output-handler-teamcity) which is rebased onto current nette/tester master if you want to use new features of Tester.

Last edited by jiri.pudil (2016-10-12 11:11)

CZechBoY
Member | 3608
+
-

btw on Windows (maybe not only on win) if I set bad path to tester, save settings and then open settings again then 26 times shows message “Detecting Nette Tester version” and immediately closes.

Last edited by CZechBoY (2016-10-12 11:43)

jiri.pudil
Nette Blogger | 1028
+
+1
-

In case you've missed the announcement on my blog and the update in the plugins repository, I've published the 2.0.0-beta.1 release. The biggest news is that the plugin now works with any version of Nette Tester

To achieve that, I had to drop some features, but they should make it back as soon as the OutputHandler is refactored to provide more information. I've also added a bunch of new features, you can find out more in the release notes

Please test the plugin (available through the Jetbrains plugin repository), report any bugs you find and feel free to ask questions, suggest enhancements and give me feedback in this thread.