7 killer features of Nette

Notice: This thread is very old.
Filip Klimeš
Nette Blogger | 156
+
+11
-

It's time to write something about Nette in English. Before I publish 7 killer features of Nette, I would love to hear your opinions or notes on it. Are there any factual errors or is the text misleading in any way?

Last edited by FilipKlimeš (2015-01-23 00:54)

Jan Tvrdík
Nette guru | 2595
+
-

And how should I review it when it is not public?

Filip Klimeš
Nette Blogger | 156
+
-

Jan Tvrdík wrote:

And how should I review it when it is not public?

Is the link not working?

EDIT: I'm sorry, should be working now.

Last edited by FilipKlimeš (2015-01-23 00:54)

Jan Tvrdík
Nette guru | 2595
+
+2
-

Congratulation, you have written the best English article about Nette! Few notes:

1. Typos: horros → horrors; practises → practices; maintainbility → maintainability
  2. I think that link to Kdyby GitHub is a lot better than link to Kdyby homepage.
  3. Some feature description will be confusing for the reader
    • “it provides a debugger bar” does not explain what it is, people may think it is related to Xdebug
    • “link translation”
  4. “being the most important” → “being one of the most important”
Filip Klimeš
Nette Blogger | 156
+
-

Thank you very much for the feedback! :)

Jan Tvrdík
Nette guru | 2595
+
+1
-

5. When mentioning Tracy, you may directly mention bluescreen / interactive error page and link to http://nette.github.io/…ception.html

Last edited by Jan Tvrdík (2015-01-23 08:48)

Milo
Nette Core | 1283
+
+2
-

Nice article, easy to read! When talking about extensions, maybe addons portal may be linked. And for me, the forms are next killer feature.

Filip Klimeš
Nette Blogger | 156
+
-

Milo wrote:

Nice article, easy to read! When talking about extensions, maybe addons portal may be linked. And for me, the forms are next killer feature.

Thank you :) I have added the link to addons portal. Forms are also very important for me, but I couldn't come up with good and short enough paragraph to describe their advantages. However, I will probably address them in another article.

enumag
Member | 2118
+
+2
-

@FilipKlimeš Goor work!

Personally I only have a problem with this sentence in Routing: “Changing anything about your routes is easy and doesn't affect the rest of the application.” When you want to use slugs in URL, preferably only slugs without ids, in my opinion it's anything but easy to implement the right way (well bad implementation is easy). Took me very long to write it in a way that would satisfy me.

Maybe you could also link Nextras packages. ;-)

Filip Klimeš
Nette Blogger | 156
+
-

Personally I only have a problem with this sentence in Routing: “Changing anything about your routes is easy and doesn't affect the rest of the application.” When you want to use slugs in URL, preferably only slugs without ids, in my opinion it's anything but easy to implement the right way (well bad implementation is easy). Took me very long to write it in a way that would satisfy me.

I have modified the sentence slightly.

Maybe you could also link Nextras packages. ;-)

Done :)

Caine
Member | 216
+
-

Instead of best pratices and extensions parts i would rather mention ajax/controls/snippets and forms. Best practices and extensions can be something like a bonus in the summary.

Last edited by Caine (2015-01-23 15:31)