How to pass parameters from Router FILTER_IN function into Presenter?

Notice: This thread is very old.
petroff
Member | 5
+
-

Hi there, would somebody help me with this please?
I am using FILTER_IN function in Router to look in database for a presenter related to current URL.
For example:
www.domain.com/some-category/ is treated by presenter – category. There are other information also stored in the database (like Title, Description of page – all managed by users) what I’d like to pass into Presenter – category.
Then at the end I need to access the original some-category to perform FILTER_OUT function.

Can you please advice where and how to store such data?
Many thanks for your help!

Router with FILTER_IN function Process

<?php

/**
 * Router factory.
 */
class RouterFactory
{

/** @var Model\Process */
	private $process;

public function __construct(Model\Process $process)
	{
		$this->process= $process;
	}

/**
	 * @return \Nette\Application\IRouter
	 */
	public function createRouter()
	{
		$router = new RouteList();
		$router[] = new Route('<presenter>[/<action>][/<id>]', array(
			'presenter' => array(

Route::FILTER_IN => callback($this->process, 'getpresin'),
				Route::FILTER_OUT => callback($this->process, 'getpresout')
			),
			'action' => 'default',
			'id' => NULL,
		));

$router[] = new Route('<presenter>/<action>[/<id>]', 'Homepage:default');

return $router;

}
?>

FILTER_IN function ‚getpresin‘ is reading database ‘process’ to obtain presenter – ‘ProcessPres’ and this is returned back to router. Works fine.

In the method – ‘getpresin’ I need to save somewhere other information from ‘process’ file like ‘ProcessPres’, ‘ProcessTitle', 'ProcessDesc’… to be able to access it in presenter.

And finally at the end I need to have again original ‘ProcessPres’ value available in FILTER_OUT function – ‘getpresout’ – to be able to route back to /some-category/

<?php

class Process extends Nette\Object
{

/** @var Nette\Database\Context */
    private $database;

public function __construct(Nette\Database\Context $database)
    {
        $this->database = $database;
    }

// Get Presenter from DB----------------------------------------------------------
		public function getpresin ($dir) {

$datavar = $this->database->query('SELECT ProcessPres, ProcessDirTxt, ProcessTitle, ProcessDesc FROM process WHERE ProcessDir1= ?  LIMIT 1', $dir);

$row = $datavar->fetch();
		$pres = $row["ProcessPres"];

// Where and how to store $row to be able to acces it in presenter and also in FILTER_OUT function getpresout?;

return $pres;
	}

// Get Presenter to call from DB----------------------------------------------------------
		public function getpresout ($dir) {

//return the original “some-category” into  $pres

return $pres;
	}

?>
petr.pavel
Member | 535
+
-

Calls to FILTER_IN and FILTER_OUT must work independently. You can't assume FILTER_IN will be called before FILTER_OUT. Think of a link in a page. No FILTER_IN, just FILTER_OUT. (I hope I'm not confusing the two.)

What info do you need in your FILTER_OUT function?

As for accessing a db result fetched in FILTER_IN also in presenter:

• Define method getById() in say, ProcessModel class.
  • Implement caching into getById() (e.g. using a static variable / array with id as the index).
  • Use $processModel->getById() in both your FILTER_IN function and the presenter.
petroff
Member | 5
+
-

Many thanks petr.pavel, static variable works just fine.

I also got your point in regards to independent FILTER_IN / FILTER_OUT. Links in template are just translated via FILTER_OUT. It is now perfectly clear.

Great answer. Thanks again