Questions about using Composer

Notice: This thread is very old.
czm4rty
Member | 29
+
-

Hello, I would like to ask you couple questions about composer.

1. Where should I put my own extenstions for Nette (like extended Forms functionalities and stuff)? And also I don't want them be publicly viewed. But they should be probably shareable with more projects.
  2. If I have a newer version of Nette that is not supported by some package, how can I still get the package using composer?
  3. What repository do you use for commercial websites (like svn,…)?
Jan Tvrdík
Nette guru | 2595
+
-

Where should I put my own extenstions for Nette (like extended Forms functionalities and stuff)? And also I don't want them be publicly viewed. But they should be probably shareable with more projects.

In a private Git repository which you can host somewhere on the internet or you may even keep it only locally.

If I have a newer version of Nette that is not supported by some package, how can I still get the package using composer?

Simple – you fork and fix the package compatibility with your version of Nette yourself, or you write to the author of package to do it for you.

What repository do you use for commercial websites (like svn,…)?

At company we use private Git repositories on GitHub, not sure how this is relevant to Composer. And we also use Satis to generate are very own Composer repository.

czm4rty
Member | 29
+
-

thank you for your quick response! I'm all ready to use Composer now! :-)