first steps with nette – security

Notice: This thread is very old.
EarlGrey
Member | 14
+
-

Dear all,

I am choosing a framework and so far I have been considering CI or Nette. Now that the 2.0 version has some decent tutorial, I am more inclined to Nette, but when one is new to it, there is lots of things to learn at once. Therefore I would like o ask whether you would recommend to take up Nette even for first steps with frameworks and secondly, what are the crucial things to make sure I master at the very beginning, especially considering security.

Thanks!
Martin

Last edited by EarlGrey (2012-05-05 12:27)

redhead
Member | 1313
+
-

Hello, Martin!

I actually think Nette is the best framework for beginners. It is simple, intuitive, though you can do really big things with it. I think the most needed prerequisite is OOP (and PHP itself of course).

With Nette, security isn't a very big deal here. Lot of aspects concerning security is managed by Nette itself by default – escaping user input in templates, escaping SQL in Nette\Database (prevention from SQL injection), forms have an option preventing CSRF attack and so on. Lot of these things are very ugly or not even supported at all in other frameworks.

EarlGrey
Member | 14
+
-

Thanks for the reply!

I will give it a shot and I will see. I have done quite a bit of work in PHP, and although I am not super proficient with the OOP and especially the changes in PHP5, I hope I can pick it up.